AAV ColorLab is a free plugin that gives you hardware accelerated effects for Vegas and Movie Studio. It uses the graphics card to offload the CPU, which can lead to massively faster rendering times and smoother previews!

13 May, 2009

64 bit support

Posted over at the dev blg about 64-bit Vegas support, and the short version is that it seems to work. I'll release RC2 in two flavors, 32 and 64-bit, then. I'm curious if anyone uses both varieties of Vegas on the same machine, and if so, is it important that the two ColorLab flavors will coexist peacefully? (It should work, just haven't tested it.)

5 comments:

Sebastien said...

Hey! Great news! Thanks for making a 64bit version of your plug-in! I'm also using Windows 7 64bit and Vegas 9 64bit. I'll be your beta tester! :-)

You're saying Sony's still using old technology? How does that impact performance?

Keep it up!

Stitch Head said...

I'll be happy to test it; if they can co-exist happily together, then that would be fantastic.

Unknown said...

Cool. I will publish a version soon I think. Just have to get the installer working.

Sebastien: I wrote a bit about the performance implications here:
http://code.google.com/p/colorlab/wiki/BadParallelism?ts=1242413201&updated=BadParallelism

Unknown said...

Here's a test installer for a pre-RC2 version, 64-bit only:

http://colorlab.googlecode.com/files/AavColorLab64_RC2_test.msi

Please try it out but bear in mind this MAY screw with earlier ColorLab installs. I'm still working out kinks in the installer. Safest bet would be to uninstall any existing ColorLab version first.

Unknown said...

Oh and it's quite bare bones, lacks the documentation and start-menu folder etc.