AAV ColorLab is a free plugin that gives you hardware accelerated effects for Vegas and Movie Studio. It uses the graphics card to offload the CPU, which can lead to massively faster rendering times and smoother previews!

31 August, 2008

AAV ColorLab v1.0 beta 3

Download from Rapidshare (direct, slower)


I've been hard at work on beta 3, lots of new stuff in this version.

Please uninstall Aav6cc v1.0 beta 2 before using this!

Release notes
  • Aav6cc is now named AAV ColorLab!
  • All-new user interface.
  • ColorLab has multiple effects: 6-vector, Levels and Black&White.
  • Levels combines the functionality of the stock effects "Levels" and "Brightness & Contrast".
  • Black & White works much like the one in Photosh*p.
  • AAV TransLab bonus plugin is built-in. Can replace a few of the stock Vegas transition with GPU accelerated ones: the standard fade, additive dissolve and subtractive dissolve.
  • Performance improvements due to better pipelining.
  • Stability improvements, hopefully no longer crashing for some people.
  • More effects and transitions will come, eventually! Send me your wish list!
Please let me know of your experience with this beta, either as a comment to this post, or by mailing me (see readme.txt or About dialog).

I just added the Paypal link to this new site, and I want to thank those who donated for 6cc in the past. It's nice to see that many liked it. I think the plugin (now ColorLab) could be sold for much more than €0, but I'd like it to remain free. Unfortunately, my ability to develop this in my spare time relies on donations coming in, so if you can - please send a contribution, however small.

No comments: